[su_box title=”Other pages about Valerie:” style=”soft” box_color=”#000000″]
- Valerie Thompson on Instagram
- 200 MPH Club membership at El Mirage competition
- 6-time Motorcycle Land Speed Record Holder Valerie Thompson To Appear At BMW Motorrad Days In Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
- BMW Motorrad Days
- BMW Riders Association Rally and California Superbike School
- Get Up Close to the North American Eagle™
- Howlin at the Moon Event
- International Female Ride Day 2014
- Valerie Thompson Returns to Ohio Mile
- Valerie Thompson Sets New Land Speed Record at Ohio Mile
- Valerie Thompson shatters motorcycle speed record at the Ohio Mile
- Valerie Thompson at Texas Mile March 21-23
- Valerie Thompson To Compete at Three Bonneville Land Speed Racing Events
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 11, 2014
Valerie Thompson kicks-off 2014 quest for new speed records at Texas Mile March 21-23
5-time land speed record holder and Texas Mile 200 MPH Club member seeking new top speed record with CTEK sponsored BMW S 1000 RR
(Scottsdale, AZ) – March 11, 2014 – Five-time land speed record holder and one of the world’s fastest BMW racers, Valerie Thompson, will return to Beeville Texas for the Texas Mile, March 21 – 23, her first speed competition of the 2014 season. Thompson set a personal best top speed of 212 mph during the March 2013 Texas Mile event on her record-setting CTEK Battery Charger sponsored BMW S 1000 RR.
The Texas Mile is bi-annual motorsports festival created in 2003 for high-performance vehicle enthusiasts, welcoming a wide variety of racing vehicles, including motorcycles, modified street cars and race cars. Participants come from all over the United States, Canada and Mexico to test themselves on one of the fastest and most challenging 1-mile tracks in the world.
CTEK, makers of the world’s smartest battery chargers, recently renewed their sponsorship of Valerie Thompson Racing for the fourth year. To celebrate their loyal support, Thompson’s team will be providing free battery charging services for competitors and race attendees at their pit display during the three-day speed festival.
“Last year was my first time to compete in the Texas Mile and we delivered a very strong performance. I love racing here, it’s an excellent racecourse and well run event, ” said Thompson. “Without CTEK’s support and state-of-the-art technology, we would have not have enjoyed the great success our team experienced here last year. We are also excited to introduce our newest sponsors, Magic Bullet Advanced Fuel Treatment, Akrapovic high-performance exhaust systems, Speed-Way Shelters, and alpha Racing, to this unique event for speed junkies, ” added Thompson.
The Texas Mile is held at the Chase Field Industrial Complex at 2745 Byrd Street in Beeville, Texas. For ticket prices and event schedule, visit https://www.texasmile.net.