[su_box title=”Other pages about Valerie:” style=”soft” box_color=”#000000″]
- Valerie Thompson on Instagram
- 200 MPH Club membership at El Mirage competition
- 6-time Motorcycle Land Speed Record Holder Valerie Thompson To Appear At BMW Motorrad Days In Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
- BMW Motorrad Days
- BMW Riders Association Rally and California Superbike School
- Get Up Close to the North American Eagle™
- Howlin at the Moon Event
- International Female Ride Day 2014
- Valerie Thompson Returns to Ohio Mile
- Valerie Thompson Sets New Land Speed Record at Ohio Mile
- Valerie Thompson shatters motorcycle speed record at the Ohio Mile
- Valerie Thompson at Texas Mile March 21-23
- Valerie Thompson To Compete at Three Bonneville Land Speed Racing Events
June 10, 2014
BMW rider Valerie Thompson shatters motorcycle speed record at the Ohio Mile and becomes newest member of exclusive ECTA 200 MPH Club
Thompson joins ECTA 200 MPH Club with fastest BMW RR in MPS/F-1000 Class with record run of 208.71 mph
(Scottsdale, AZ) – June 10, 2014 – It only took 28 seconds for six-time land speed record holder and one of the world’s fastest BMW motorcycle racers, Valerie Thompson, to shatter the East Coast Timing Association’s one-mile record in the MPS/Modified Class during the recent Ohio Mile competition. Thompson piloted her BMW S 1000 RR to 208.71 mph, easily breaking the former record of 205 mph. Thompson’s new record also qualified her for membership in the exclusive ECTA 200 MPH Club while claiming bragging rights as the fastest RR in the MPS/F-1000 Class.
“Going into this event, my confidence was very high. I had just arrived from the California Superbike School held in Birmingham, the best motorcycle racing course school in the US. We made a few modifications to my BMW RR by adding new HP Race Parts provided by BMW Motorrad USA, Akrapovic exhaust systems and additional horsepower with Magic Bullet Advance Fuel Treatment. The wonderful folks at NorthStar Battery also helped us with special delivery of two of their excellent batteries, which was a great help,” said team owner and rider Thompson. “It’s a great honor and achievement to be the newest member of the ECTA’s 200 MPH Club, especially since I am only the 3rd female of less than 100 members. I’ll be wearing my ECTA 200 MPH Club lifetime member shirt proudly,” added a smiling Thompson.
The ECTA hosts four speed trial events at the Airborne Park facility in Wilmington Ohio each year. Prior to moving to the Airborne Park location in 2012, the ECTA held the competition in Maxton North Carolina from 1995 through 2011 and was named the Maxton Mile.
Thompson and her BMW team now turn their sights on setting new land speed records at the Bonneville Salt Flats during the July speed trials. For details, visit ValerieThompsonRacing.com.