[su_box title=”Other pages about Valerie:” style=”soft” box_color=”#000000″]
- Valerie Thompson on Instagram
- 200 MPH Club membership at El Mirage competition
- 6-time Motorcycle Land Speed Record Holder Valerie Thompson To Appear At BMW Motorrad Days In Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
- BMW Motorrad Days
- BMW Riders Association Rally and California Superbike School
- Get Up Close to the North American Eagle™
- Howlin at the Moon Event
- International Female Ride Day 2014
- Valerie Thompson Returns to Ohio Mile
- Valerie Thompson Sets New Land Speed Record at Ohio Mile
- Valerie Thompson shatters motorcycle speed record at the Ohio Mile
- Valerie Thompson at Texas Mile March 21-23
- Valerie Thompson To Compete at Three Bonneville Land Speed Racing Events
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 12, 2014
Valerie Thompson sets sights on 200 MPH Club membership at El Mirage competition
SCTA celebrates 62 years of hosting world’s most famous land speed racing events
(Scottsdale, AZ) – May 12, 2014 – Five-time land speed record holder, Valerie Thompson, will return to the El Mirage Dry Lake May 17 – 18 for the Southern California Timing Association’s (SCTA) land speed racing event with the goal of joining their prestigious 200 MPH Club.
The SCTA sanctions the world’s fastest speed trials and will be celebrating their 62nd anniversary of hosting land speed racing activities at the famed dry lake. El Mirage is located 30 miles east of Antelope Valley California and has been one of the world’s most celebrated racing destinations for more than half a century.
“This will be my second time racing my BMW at El Mirage. I’m still getting used to the racing surface, which is unlike any I’ve ever raced on before,” said Thompson. “Last year, I was the fastest female on a normally aspirated motorcycle with a top speed of 199.90 mph, so I am hoping we can crack the 200 mph mark this time. Becoming a member of SCTA’s 200 MPH Club has been one of my major goals,” added Thompson.
For event details and records, visit https://www.scta-bni.org.
## End ##
SCTA & El Mirage Dry Lake Background
A group of dry lake racers created the SCTA in the early 50s to establish standardized safety procedures and promote the sport of land speed racing. The SCTA is an all-volunteer organization comprised of twelve individual clubs with a mission to provide safe and fan friendly land speed racing events for high performance vehicle enthusiasts. The SCTA sanctions six events at El Mirage and two at the Bonneville Salt Flats, including Speed Week and the World Finals.
Valerie Thompson Background
Valerie is a five-time land speed record holder and owner/driver of the Valerie Thompson Land Speed Racing Motorcycle Team who has also competed in the All Harley Drag Racing Association and National Hot Rod Association drag racing series. She set a personal best top speed of 212 mph on her CTEK sponsored BMW S 1000 RR during the March 2013 Texas Mile competition. Thompson is an official member of the BUB Speed Trials 201 MPH Club, the Mojave Magnum 200 MPH Club and Texas Mile 200 MPH Club.
Valerie Thompson Racing Sponsors: CTEK Battery Charger, HP Race Parts, TROON Enterprises, Magic Bullet Advanced Fuel Treatment, Metro Auto Auction, Akrapovič Exhaust, Speed-Way Shelters, alpha Racing, Schuberth Helmet, Worldwide Bearings, Stand-Up Photos, Vision Wheel, Go AZ Motorcycles.
Additional Information Sources & Photos
* Bonneville Stories by Lou Fischer: 201 MPH Club Video: https://youtu.be/psT4OhmFxAw
Press Contact: Eric Studer (214) 676-3860 EricStuder@mac.com